What to do until helps arrives on a Water Damage
Cleaning Up After a Flood
- Keep children & pets outside the affected area
- Wear proper personal protective gear (rubber boots, rubber gloves, eye protection)
- Remove & discard items that can’t be washed and sanitized (i.e. mattresses, carpet & padding, foam items, books and paper products)
- Remove & discard drywall & insulation contaminated by flood or sewer water
- Thoroughly clean and sanitize all hard surfaces
- Help drying process by strategically placing air movers and de-humidifiers
- Wash all affected clothing with hot water and detergent. It is recommended that you use a Laundromat until your on-site waste water system has been professionally inspected and serviced
- After completing cleanup wash with soap and water that has been boiled for at least one minute, to kill off bacteria still in water system.
- OR call us in 24/7 and we’ll take care of all your drying out needs.
Our Water Damage Restoration Process
Since every flood and water damage scenario is a little different, each one requires a unique solution tailored for the specific conditions. However, the overall water restoration process remains the same. The steps below detail our restoration process for the typical water-damaged property.