Mold Damage Tips and Mold Remediation
It only takes a small water leak, or even excess humidity, for mold to form in your Fall River home or business. Then, mold can spread quickly through the property in as little as 48 hours. Mold can produce allergens and irritants, and it has the potential to cause other health effects. If your home or business has a mold problem, we can inspect and assess your property and use our specialized training, equipment, and expertise to remediate your mold infestation.
Microscopic mold spores naturally occur almost everywhere, both outdoors and indoors. This makes it impossible to remove all mold from a home or business. Therefore, mold remediation reduces the mold spore count back to its natural or baseline level. Some restoration businesses advertise “mold removal” and even guarantee to remove all mold, which is a fallacy.
Mold is presently almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores flourish on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Beforehand mold remediation can begin any sources of water or moisture must be addressed.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth.
- Must Keep indoor humidity below 45 %.
Learn more about mold and what to do until help arrives by reviewing these mold damage tips.
What you can do until help arrives
In as little as 48 hours, mold can quickly become a problem in your home or business when there’s a water intrusion, like a roof leak or leaking water line. Mold can cause health effects and can also cause significant damage to your property. SERVPRO of Fall River has the training, protective gear, and specialized equipment necessary to handle your mold problem.
Have a Mold Problem?
Call Us Today – (508) 676-9100
If you have a mold problem in your home or business, consider the following facts:
Significant mold growth can occur in 48-72 hours. Mold may present a greater risk to children, the elderly, and anyone with respiratory problems. A strong, musty odor may indicate hidden mold behind drywall or under carpeting. Finding mold in your home or business can be frightening. While most of us know we should avoid mold exposure, only experts have the specific training and experience to assess mold growth, determine its toxicity, and develop a safe and effective mold removal and remediation plan.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Fall River for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
If you suspect that your home or business has a mold problem, SERVPRO of Fall River has the training, equipment, and expertise to handle the situation.