Into the Storm
As we approach the warmer weather there are different kinds of storms that we face. It's never too early to be prepared for such a storm. By following safety tips and precautions you can prevent being injured and prevent damages to your home and property.Should any of these storms occur and you've been affected as a result, We're here to help you in any event or circumstance. Don't go the battle alone, Let's weather the storm together. Call the professionals at SERVPRO of Fall River.
Types of storms:
- Hail Storms. Many residents living in the U.S. have already experienced a severe hailstorm and witnessed the damage hail can cause to homes, automobiles, businesses and other property. ...
- Heavy Snow / Blizzards
- Derecho Storms
- Heavy rain
- Ice Storms
If caught outside, take shelter in a sturdy enclosed building or hard top automobile immediately.
- Avoid open areas,isolated objects, metal objects.
- Get out of boats and away from bodies of water.
- Remember, if you can hear thunder, you are close enough to the storm to be struck by lightning.
Take safe shelter immediately inside a sturdy building or basement away from windows, doors and electrical appliances.
- Inside tips on storm safety:
- Avoid using electrical equipment and telephones. Use battery operated devices instead, like flashlights.
- Close outside doors and windows and keep away from windows to avoid lightning strikes.
- Stay inside for 30 minutes after the last thunder has settled.
- Do not take a bath, shower or use plumbing until the storm has passed.
- Keep battery operated flashlights and lanterns ready to go.
- Have non -perishable foods, water and emergency supplies on hand in the event of power loss.
- If possible, have a charged cell phone available in the event of an emergency.
Stay away from windows, doors and electrical appliances.
We can weather the storm together! Call the professionals at SERVPRO of Fall River. We're here to help!